Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Girlfriend to Exwife about Daughters birthday party (Trap)

July 6, 2009 at 10:19pm

Thank you for inviting me to your daughters birthday party to take pictures. I would LOVE to be there to take pictures, I know it will be a great day for her, but I wouldn't feel comfortable.I would give anything to be able to start fresh with you though and I think that this facebook thing can do that.

My Niece's birthday is coming up in August and I know she'd like us both to be there and I'd like to work towards that first if that's ok. Would it be alright if I dropped of a gift from her dad for her though? Sounds like she might need a new helmet. Is that something you've got purchased already? If not, would you mind my picking one up? What size, color, pattern would she like? Or something else for her bike?

Exwife to Girlfriend - July 6, 2009 at 10:55pm
.If I am invited to your neice's birthday .... or any events where I think you might be present the bottom line is that it's not about me and I am ok with that. It's a small world, even a smaller town and we're bound to run into each other (like at Fort Rodd Hill).I respect your feelings about being uncomfortable given the circumstances and appreciate your decision because you know as well as I do that it would be uncomfortable for me as well.
I am simply trying to extend olive branches in an effort to make some sort of truce .... and to show the girls that I can get through the hurt. And sometimes that means I have to grin and bear it, but in the end it makes me stronger.

Selfish, yes and effective too.I wish I could say that I will always be under my best behaviour, but I take pride in not being a liar. It doesn't mean that I proclaim myself as the perfect "Christian" woman who does no wrong. I am far from that and am the first to admit it.

Anyway, I think we've taken a step in the right direction. With me moving on and the girls being privy to it I think that regardless of how your relationship with Jason started you are part of his life and I am not hiding that from them neither.What I have written you in the past (in the spring) all came from my heart ... I don't think I am such a bitch that I can't express concern to even you.Yes, it would be alright if you dropped off a gift, however the helmet is already covered.

She really enjoys coloring these days (Color Wonder products are awesome), loves to be in a bathing suit when it's hot out and she has even learned to do her own ponytails recently. If I can make a request, though ..... maybe a picture of their dad(one that is small enough to fit on her bedside table). Perhaps a theme of 5 because it's her 5th Birthday? I am trusting you with your judgement, so whatever you decide I am sure she will be happy to receive it. No hidden or underlying messages in the gift is all I ask.Until next time.

Girlfriend to Exwife - July 7, 2009 at 9:24am
I like the photo idea. That's great. Would you mind, if you have time, sending me electronically some pictures of their dad and the birthday girl to use? Or would you rather they just be of him alone? (work email is good coz it can take larger emails.)

The only pics I have of him are ones from before Sept 26 and that's inappropriate. Also, would you mind if I got a little something (Perhaps a picture of Daddy and her in a frame) so she doesn't feel left out? When would be a good time to drop it off? Sometime between now and Thursday evening is better for me. I'm glad we're doing this.

From Mother to Girlfriend - July 7, 2009 at 9:43am

Thank you for keeping the date prior to Sept 26, it helps to keep the sting a little less.I can't promise one way or the other about emailing pics because I don't know what I have readily available for it to be on time. I will try to find some today because I think it's a great idea. I'm only home right now because I had to pick the kids up from daycare .... Anyway, what is your email .... shoot it to me thru my hotmail account and I will see what I can do. Who knew we'd be working as a team, lol

Girlfriend to Exwife- July 7, 2009 at 11:12am
I know. I like it actually.

Exwife to Girlfriend - July 7, 2009 at 11:36am
Let's go with Thursday, that way it buys both of us a little more time.Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment