She tries to befriend her with flattery about her photography she saw on my facebook page... this one came right out of the blue and poor girlfriend fell for it:
Mother - July 6th
"While I'm thinking of it .... I have a question for you ..... if you're comfortable enough ..... feel free to come to the party next week and get snap happy. I've always appreciated your photo skills."
Girlfriend declined:
Then mother wrote response:
If I am invited to your nieces birthday .... or any events where I think you
might be present the bottom line is that it's not about me and I am ok with
that. It's a small world, even a smaller town and we're bound to run into each other (like at Fort Rodd Hill).
I respect your feelings about being uncomfortable given the circumstances and appreciate your decision because you know as well as I do that it would be uncomfortable for me as well. I am simply trying to extend olive branches in an effort to make some sort of truce .... and to show the girls that I can get through the hurt. And sometimes that means I have to grin and bear it, but in the end it makes me stronger. Selfish, yes and effective too.
I wish I could say that I will always be under my best behaviour, but I take
pride in not being a liar. It doesn't mean that I proclaim myself as the perfect "Christian" woman who does no wrong. I am far from that and am the first to admit it.
Anyway, I think we've taken a step in the right direction. With me moving on and the girls being privy to it I think that regardless of how your relationship with my exhusband started you are part of his life and I am not hiding that from them neither.
What I have written you in the past (in the spring) all came from my heart ... I don't think I am such a bitch that I can't express concern to even you.
Yes, it would be alright if you dropped off a gift, however the helmet is
already covered. She really enjoys coloring these days (Color Wonder products are awesome), loves to be in a bathing suit when it's hot out and she has even learned to do her own ponytails recently. If I can make a request, though ..... maybe a picture of Jason (one that is small enough to fit on her bedside table).
Perhaps a theme of 5 because it's her 5th Birthday? I am trusting you with your judgement, so whatever you decide I am sure she will be happy to receive it. No hidden or underlying messages in the gift is all I ask.
Until next time,
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Labels:
access order,
divorce,
encarceration,
Exhusband,
exwife,
Facebook,
fathers for justice,
incarcerated,
jail,
jason black
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment