This call was a completely unexpected occurence.
Talking with XXX after Church he shared with me that he had called the evening before and they talked for about an hour. XXX believes that my husband really does want to try and work on the marriage. As for the tattoo (girlfriends name), he apparently got it above the collar for two main reasons.
1. he was angry with me and wanted to piss me off
2. unbeknownst to his girlfriend, he thinks that getting it removed will be paid for courtesy the government because it would impede with his social status trying to re-enter the workforce.
Both reasons are laughable. And oh, he supposedly got it shallow so it'll be easier to get removed.
This is after I sent his girlfriend a lengthy compassionate message on facebook in reply to her's about him supposedly kicking her to the curb.
Anyway, XXX had no idea that his wife invited me and the girls over and when we got there, my husband called about 5 minutes later.
XXX had no idea my husband was planning on calling and everyone got caught off guard .... especially my husband.
XXX passed me the phone and it took my husband a second to realize it was me and he was shocked. We put the girls on the phone and they had a brief conversation, usual dialogue except my husband got to hear a better example of our youngest daughter's speech.
The phone got passed back to XXX before my husband and I had a conversation for a few minutes.
It was civil, but still detached. he stammered because he was "caught off guard" and didn't plan on talking to me (in hindsight I'm sure he called to check on his girlfriend given the light of the message she sent me).
Some statements were made by him that inferred he wanted to work on us, but I'm skeptical and unsure. Plus it was difficult to hear him on the phone because it wasn't working well. Anyway, he referred to "baby steps" and I asked him, "to where". His response was something to the effect of "I don't know, wherever" with a tone of hope. I told him that the only thing I can promise him right now is contact.
The call ended with plans for him to put me back on his calling list and in the meantime try to find out if for some reason they might allow a onetime exceptional visit because we'll be over for the Easter weekend.
As of today I still haven't heard from him except through the mail ... see the desktop files.
This was just after I got off the phone with her and we were talking about working some things through to become friends for the sake of our kids.
Talking with XXX after Church he shared with me that he had called the evening before and they talked for about an hour. XXX believes that my husband really does want to try and work on the marriage. As for the tattoo (girlfriends name), he apparently got it above the collar for two main reasons.
1. he was angry with me and wanted to piss me off
2. unbeknownst to his girlfriend, he thinks that getting it removed will be paid for courtesy the government because it would impede with his social status trying to re-enter the workforce.
Both reasons are laughable. And oh, he supposedly got it shallow so it'll be easier to get removed.
This is after I sent his girlfriend a lengthy compassionate message on facebook in reply to her's about him supposedly kicking her to the curb.
Anyway, XXX had no idea that his wife invited me and the girls over and when we got there, my husband called about 5 minutes later.
XXX had no idea my husband was planning on calling and everyone got caught off guard .... especially my husband.
XXX passed me the phone and it took my husband a second to realize it was me and he was shocked. We put the girls on the phone and they had a brief conversation, usual dialogue except my husband got to hear a better example of our youngest daughter's speech.
The phone got passed back to XXX before my husband and I had a conversation for a few minutes.
It was civil, but still detached. he stammered because he was "caught off guard" and didn't plan on talking to me (in hindsight I'm sure he called to check on his girlfriend given the light of the message she sent me).
Some statements were made by him that inferred he wanted to work on us, but I'm skeptical and unsure. Plus it was difficult to hear him on the phone because it wasn't working well. Anyway, he referred to "baby steps" and I asked him, "to where". His response was something to the effect of "I don't know, wherever" with a tone of hope. I told him that the only thing I can promise him right now is contact.
The call ended with plans for him to put me back on his calling list and in the meantime try to find out if for some reason they might allow a onetime exceptional visit because we'll be over for the Easter weekend.
As of today I still haven't heard from him except through the mail ... see the desktop files.
This was just after I got off the phone with her and we were talking about working some things through to become friends for the sake of our kids.
Hi Bear
I just got off the phone with you and I’m feeling a little sick. I wasn’t expecting to talk to you today. I found myself back in my room wondering if it all wasn’t some kind of dream. I know we’re standing at the bottom of a very big hill, but at least we’re looking up.
I have no idea what you expect from me but I’ll try as hard as I can to be a better man. You no doubt have many resentments towards me and hopefully we’ll be able to work through them one at a time. We’ll also have to work through how we ended up here to begin with. Which will obviously, mostly, fall on my shoulders. One of my biggest stumbling blocks is opening my mouth and sharing what’s going on in my life, my heart, and my mind. Somewhere along our marriage we stopped talking to each other Bear, or maybe we never really knew how. I don’t know. Hopefully we’ll be able to find that out together.
I’ve never stopped loving you Bear, and ironically I realized it the most when you started visiting Kevin. I was so angry at the both of you. I felt very betrayed and disrespected. It consumed me for quite awhile, months to be honest. Then I realized how I felt by what you were doing was exactly how I probly made you feel by what I did with Shannon, and no doubt even worse.
If it wasn’t for what I did to you I know your relationship with Kevin wouldn’t have happened. I know in my heart you don’t love him. You did what you did to make it through the most difficult time of your life. I’m responsible for your affair, and for the heartache that I’ve caused us both because of my selfishness and superficialness.
You, and our girls deserve so much more from me as a Husband & father. I don’t know what the future holds for us. If we make it or not is up to us and how hard we try. No matter how I tried to distract myself, there wasn’t a day that went by that I didn’t think about the three of you.
I can’t believe I convinced myself that you were all better off without me in your lives. Thank you for forgiving me. The love you have in your heart is the most amazing thing I’ve ever known our children are very lucky to have you for a mom. I really missed you Bear. The last 8 months have been the longest in my life, nothing felt right. I always felt like I was living someone else’s life. Everything felt out of whack. I feel I finally understand where I need to be in life and enjoy being there. I want all our lives to feel right again.
Love Jason
This was an email she sent out to everyone afterwards:
Okay, I got this letter (hand written) on Tuesday .....
And just when I was starting to let my guard down a bit and soften up I got the latest message from XXX stating the change of heart between Jason and Shannon. I know, though that I need to consider the source so don't worry I'm not getting sucked in (I hope). This letter is also a repeat of things he's said before BUT the odd thing is that this letter and the last have statements in them have messages nearly identical to what I sent his girlfriend last week/couple weeks ago.
Good night.
This was an email she sent out to everyone afterwards:
Okay, I got this letter (hand written) on Tuesday .....
And just when I was starting to let my guard down a bit and soften up I got the latest message from XXX stating the change of heart between Jason and Shannon. I know, though that I need to consider the source so don't worry I'm not getting sucked in (I hope). This letter is also a repeat of things he's said before BUT the odd thing is that this letter and the last have statements in them have messages nearly identical to what I sent his girlfriend last week/couple weeks ago.
Good night.

No comments:
Post a Comment